VP of Global OEM Business /President
Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
The Executive Assistant is responsible for a wide variety of administrative duties in support of NORAC’s Senior Management team and staff. He/she will be the first point of contact for NORAC’s customers and is also expected to manage a variety of administrative functions, including creating expense reports, booking international travel, organizing meetings, and preparing documents/presentations. Other duties will include managing Canadian and US mobile phone contracts. This position requires superior attention to detail, time management and organizational skills.
- Provide administrative support and relief for NORAC’s Senior Management team and staff.
- Care of visitors according to the instructions of the VP of Global OEM Business.
- Prepare travel schedules, book reservations for travel both within North America and internationally and manage travel visas.
- Plan and execute corporate meetings and training and provide and circulate meeting minutes/agendas.
- Manage corporate calendars.
- Manage and coordinate projects and work in cooperation with the VP and the OEM/BDM teams.
- Answer reception phone, including US reception and service lines.
- Manage Canadian and US cell phone contracts.
- Complete expense reports for staff.
- Assist with the preparation of documents and presentations.
- File and organize documents and electronic files.
- Manage and execute data entry for survey programs, etc.
- Order office and boardroom supplies.
- Manage incoming/outgoing mail, including shipping and receiving.
- Other duties as required.
- Post-secondary education and/or experience in a related field.
- Superior attention to detail, time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- Pro-active, resourceful, flexible, and well organized.
- Professional, responsive, and a positive work attitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including superior verbal and written skills and telephone manners.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Office including word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software.
- Experience coordinating, developing, and completing projects on time and on budget.
- Agricultural background preferred but not required.
- Able to maintain filing systems and basic databases.
To apply for this position please email your resume to:
No phone calls please.
Canadian Territory Manager
Title: Canadian Territory Manager
Reports To: North American Sales & Service Manager
Located: Saskatoon, SK CA
The Canadian Territory Manager will report to NORAC’s Sales and Service Manager for North America and will have a primary focus on managing and growing NORAC’s and Topcon’s aftermarket dealer base in Canada. The goal of this position is to grow dealer sales by 15% annually.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
Assumes primary management responsibility for assigned territory, including:
- Meet with dealers on a regular basis. Work with existing dealers, to manage all aspects of the relationship between dealers and NORAC/Topcon.
- Prospect new accounts with the goal of adding new dealers to the NORAC/Topcon dealer base.
- Nurture and grow factory sales of NORAC/Topcon product through relationships with OEM dealers and factory representatives.
- Manage delivery of marketing resources to dealers, including brochures, promotional materials, tradeshow support, etc.
- Attend tradeshows within the assigned territory and provide OEM and dealer support before and during the show (i.e. delivering marketing material, answering questions, providing onsite support).
- Provide rolling sales forecasts for the territory.
- Provide training to dealers, if required.
- Other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skill & Abilities:
- Agricultural background and strong knowledge of precision ag.
- Account management aptitude and skill is a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong technical knowledge.
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate college degree preferred.
- 3-10 years outside technical and/or sales experience.
50% travel is expected within North America. May vary on seasonal basis and based on customer needs.
To apply for this position please submit your resume, together with a cover letter to:Kathryn NewsteadHuman Resourceskathryn@norac.caFax: (306) 664-6664
No phone calls, please.