Accountant - 1 Year Term
Title: Accountant – 1 Year Term
Reports To: V.P. of Finance & Operations
Located: Saskatoon, SK CA
Hours: Monday - Friday
The Accountant will help record, process, update and reconcile various financial documents in assigned areas related to accounting functions and financial reporting. He/she will perform daily, weekly, and monthly accounting tasks and activities related to financial reporting, payroll journal entries, and balance sheet working papers.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the general ledger structure related to all balance sheet accounts, particularly payroll.
- Compile month-end working papers and financial statements.
- Manage intercompany balances and transfer pricing.
- Maintain and enter monthly journal entries as directed by the V.P. of Finance & Operations.
- Assist with external audits, supplies account analysis, and transaction history.
- Perform other duties as required.
Requirements & Skills
- B.Comm in Accounting. Accounting designation is an asset but not a requirement.
- 3+ years experience.
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- Resourceful, flexible, and well organized.
- Professional, responsive, and a positive work attitude.
- Proficient in using a PC and experienced with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, especially Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Strong communication skills.
This is a one-year term position to cover a maternity leave, that will commence in September or October, 2015.
To apply for this position please submit your resume, together with a cover letter to:
Fax: (306) 664-6664
No phone calls, please.